Rewards and benefits
We review our trainee salaries every year in September. Trainee salaries as from September 2016 are £38,000 for the first year and £40,000 for the second.
We’re able to provide financial assistance to graduates who have accepted training contracts with us. This is to help you while you’re studying for Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) and/or Legal Practice Course (LPC) examinations.
We review the level of assistance every year. Currently, it includes payment of:
- your GDL and/or LPC fees
- an annual maintenance grant of £5,500 for each study year (GDL and/or LPC).
The benefits for trainee solicitors at Bird & Bird include:
- Pension – 5% employer contribution (rising to 7% after 5 years service)
- BUPA – Single membership cover
- Life assurance – 4 x salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)