Rewards and benefits
We review our trainee salaries every year in September. Trainee salaries as from September 2019 are £40,000 for the first year and £44,000 for the second year of the training contract.
We’re able to provide financial assistance to graduates who have accepted training contracts with us. This is to help you while you’re studying for Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) and/or Legal Practice Course (LPC) examinations.
We review the level of assistance every year. Currently, it includes payment of:
- your GDL and/or LPC fees
- an annual maintenance grant of £5,500 for each full-time study year (GDL and/or LPC).
The benefits for trainee solicitors at Bird & Bird include:
- Pension – 5% employer contribution (rising to 7% after 5 years service)
- BUPA – Single membership cover
- Life assurance – 4 x salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private Health Insurance (PHI)
- 1 day paid volunteering each year
- We also have a range of discounts on gym memberships, massage, yoga in the office, music lessons, nail technicians visit every two weeks, season ticket loan and the cycle to work scheme in addition to a wide range of other health & wellbeing benefits!